I'm a costumer of 15 years with a crazy interest in cosplay. I'm hoping to make this blog an informative place to learn about and become a better costumer/cosplayer. Although, sometimes the blogs will just be randomness pulled from my head. Enjoy!
Working With Commercial Patterns: Lesson 1 -- The Envelope
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Here's Part 1 of my new tutorial series!!! This lesson covers all of the information found on the envelope of commercial patterns and explains, in detail, what it all means. Enjoy!!!!
A Midsummer Night's Dream Fairy Wings Completed November 2014 Items Made: Two Large and Seven Regular Pairs of Wings I was asked by the costume designer at McLennan Community College if I could make 9 pairs of fairy wings for their production of A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare. I had never made wings before, but I said yes. They came out AMAZING and now I'm a wing making master! lol! We needed wings for Oberon and Titania and the four named fairies in the play, plus they added 3 more because reasons? My only parameters given by the designer were that she wanted them to be insect like... not high fantasy... and that she wanted Oberon's to be up and Titania's to be down. This was my design for the fairy court. I believe these were based on bee wings. I thought bees were also fitting as the fairies flit about caring for the queen. For Titania, I used cicada wings as inspiration. ...
Fullmetal Alchemist Lust Completed Sept. 2010 Items Made: Dress This costume was awesome to make. We kind of deviated from the actual design in that we made the dress floor length with a slight train and there's a thigh high slit up the front of the leg (sexy). The dress itself is made from hunter green satin with a black chiffon overlay so the dress looks black with a green tint. Because if you look at a lot of the anime pics, the highlights are done with dark green. The gloves were store bought and the detail was burgundy cording hand sewn onto the glove s. The tattoo purchased from an online vendor. If you want to see better pics, CLICK HERE . One of the photographers nabbed some cool shots. But they're his property so I won't post them here.
SOUL EATER Crona Completed August 2013 Items Made: Robe, Cuffs, Boot Covers, Wig This costume started out as a clergyman's robe pattern which in the end became a heavily edited version of itself. I chose a front closing robe as I thought it would be visually more interesting than just a form fitted gown. The robe is made from crepe suiting with cotton lining. The cuffs are craft foam covered in the same crepe suiting fabric and embellished with black piping and large wooden buttons. The boot covers are also made from craft foam with black button detail. Both the boot covers and cuffs are detachable for ease of storage and travel. The wig was purchased and cut and styled by me and is the first wig that I've done where I actually like the finished wig. I used the Aphrodite wig from Epic Cosplay and a package of the 15" wefts both in Dark Pink. All I had to do was cut in the bangs/fringe leaving the uneven locks ...
Comments
Post a Comment