My "New Year's Resolutions" for 2014

Okay, so I don't really like saying New Year's resolutions... cause it's kinda lame... but there ARE goals that I'd like to accomplish this year... so I guess, technically, they're resolutions... but whatever... haha!  Some of  them are new projects, some are completions of old projects, some deal with costuming and some don't.  But I wanted to share a few of them with you guys!

I guess I was really inspired by a couple of other blogs I read right around the new year.  Apparently there are some cool sewing challenges that are designed to inspire/motivate you to spend more time sewing and less time procrastinating... which is something I'm REALLY good at... when I get around to it. 

Here's a couple of those challenges.

http://thedreamstress.com/the-historical-sew-fortnightly-2014/

http://biancavonbavensen.blogspot.com/2013/12/five-foundations-challenge.html

They're both mostly geared towards historical/period costuming for women.  But since I'm a dude and the only historical stuff I do is renfaire... these challenges aren't really geared towards me.  But they did inspire me to create my own challenge... for me. 

I sat down and I wrote out a list of things I wanted to accomplish this year.  So, this time next year, I'll look back at this post and see how much of my list I actually did.  

Of course this does not include any freelance work I might pick up this year... In fact, I already know that I'll be working on the next two shows at my local college.  

To be completed in no particular order:

* Get the workshop up and running:  Actually I just finished this one!!! Woot!
* Blog more:  At least once a week... preferrably 2-3 times.  
* Build a prop sword for Crona.
* Build the Ragnarok prop for Crona... I actually had an AMAZING idea on how I want to do this... but it's gonna take some serious figuring out.  I'll keep you posted on the progress. 
* Finish a mask for Jack Skellington.  I've started two... I need to finish 1... or maybe both... but definitely 1.
* Finish the tutorial series on using commercial patterns.  I have the second part written I just need to record it.
* Make more videos:  At least 1 a month.   I've got a couple ideas in the works.  Let me know what kind of videos you want to see!!! Make up tutorials? Sewing basics? Progress videos?
* Finish Prince Diamond.  Well, start THEN finish him.  I've cut his wig and made the jewels for this cape... but that's about it. 
* Mend ALL of my regular clothing that needs mending.  I've got so many clothes with little holes in them or zippers that have been chewed off by little puppy teeth...
* Draft and complete at least 1 original sewing pattern for publishing.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I'd really like to publish my own line of sewing patterns... patterns mostly made for cosplayers.  I've been toying around with this idea for a few years now but I want to put this plan in motion.

Anyway... those are my challenges.  What are some of your challenges for 2014? 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves