Retro Sneakers


So!!! Last weekend I was on my way up to Dallas to meet up with some friends.  I was already on the road when they called and said they were gonna be delayed an hour... Fortunately, I was just outside of Hillsboro. So the outlet mall seemed like an ideal place to kill some time.  Well, sadly the outlet mall there isn't what it used to be.

But I did happen to be in the Nike outlet where I found these fantastic retro Nike sneakers and I bought them immediately.  I love the retro sneaker look, and I really like how they took a really fun color (something that is SERIOUSLY lacking in men's footwear) and used that color for this shoe.  This style is called Oceania and the color is Old Royal/White.  My pair also came with white laces, but since the blue laces are already in, I'll keep it like that.  They're part suede and part poly rayon something or another... i dunno how to describe it... and the white check is leather.

Now I know people may have concerns about wearing leather, and I usually don't buy leather stuff unless I know it's something that is going to last years and years and shoes are one of those things.  Seriously, I've bought non leather shoes and they fall apart so much faster no matter how much I care for them...

Anyway...

One thing I noticed is that they run small.  I had to buy a half size larger than I normally wear.

So yay for fun shoes!!!

I know my blog is more of a costuming blog but since I don't do much clothes shopping anymore, I figured a shopping post every now and then would be okay.

Also, this retro style is great if you're trying to costume a vintage 60's 70's or 80's piece.

Don't step on my blue suede shoes,
No really don't...

Jason

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves