Monday Minute: Skin Care

I know I post every now and then about things like skin care and health and beauty... even though this is a costuming blog...And here's why...

You can make as many costumes as you want, you can have and wear more makeup than a MAC store carries, but you only get ONE face... unless you're good friends with a plastic surgeon... and you need to take care of it. 

Now, I'll admit that I'm not perfect when it comes to practicing good skin care... I get lazy sometimes, and fortunately, I've got decent genetics that let me pass for younger than I actually am...

But good skin care is very important and it doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy... EVERYONE should take care of their skin. 

The problem is, there's SO MUCH information out there and the market is saturated with products and miracle elixirs and such... so... where do you start...

Well, I've mentioned The Cosmetics Cop before... and now I'd like to add the blog of Caroline Hirons.  I've just spent the past hour digging around her blog and there's some great information. 

Something I read that I really hadn't thought about but makes total sense... but she mentions how a lot of people will spend hundreds of dollars on purses or shoes or clothes, but want to scrimp on their skin care products...

Shoes wear out and clothes go out of style, but your face is forever... so take care of it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves