Wednesday Workout: Sorceror (Opera) and other stuff


Hello again!  In keeping with the weekly themes, Wednesday will now be Wednesday Workouts!!!  This will be my weekly status reports on all of the projects I'm working on in their various stages... Mind you I have a LOT of projects that are in various stages of completion.  So here's this week's rundown.

1. Sorcerer:  As I've mentioned, I've been hired by one of the local colleges to make some more costumes for their opera.  This opera is called The Sorcerer and it's by Gilbert & Sullivan who also wrote Mikado and Pirates of Penzance.  

I'm set to make several bodices for the women and some vests and pants for the men.  I'm also going to make a jacket (the one pictured above) for an added character, The Sorcerer's Apprentice.  

Since the era of pretty much EVERY Gilbert & Sullivan show is in Victorian, we can definitely sneak in some Steampunky goodness.  

2. Crona: Sadly, Crona hasn't progressed at all.  I still only have the back of the coat sewn... Also I didn't like how the pleats in the back were behaving so I'm going to have to get in there and mess with them.  Honestly, the coat should be done because there really isn't much to it, but I'm hoping to make some major progress in the next couple of weeks.

I've also been thinking about how to make the Ragnapack.  (The Ragnarok Backpack puppet thing)  I want him to be able to be posed.  So I've been looking into ball-jointed doll construction.  PS. Wanna know a secret.  Those dolls kind of freak me out.  

3. Prince Diamond: Poor poor Princey Poo.  I got my fabric swatches for the coat in, but I don't know... I just don't love the fabric.  There's no way I can finish him before All-con, so I'm not even going to try, but I might be able to get him done later...  once I find a fabric I like... till then, he's just a wig... but maybe I can start on the trousers and the cape.  I've got the wig mostly done and the jewelry is also good to go.

4. Jack Skellington: So I have a half finished mask that I started ages ago.  The bad thing is I live in Texas and the weather is very temperamental.  So, every time I want to work on this mask, the weather doesn't want me too.  It's either too cold/wet outside or 800 degrees outside.  And since I'm working with resin, I have to work outside.  

So that's it for this episode of Wednesday Workout!

Tune in next week to see how much I actually get done!!!

Jason

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves