I really wish that was on the agenda... but it's not. But it is KINDA on the agenda..
I've started on the outfit for the Sorcerer's Apprentice. I had half the jacket made from muslin, but I forgot to take a picture and I left it up at the shop for the actress to try on. But take a look at this...
Here are the fabrics I'll be using. The black brocade will be the skirt, the red/black flocked taffeta will be the coat and the black bubbly stuff will be trim around the neck and cuffs of the coat. This will very likely be my favorite costume in the whole show. The pattern picture shows a bustier/corset beneath the coat that the costume designer already purchased so the actress will just be wearing that underneath the coat... the corset is red and black also.
I also drafted a bodice for one of the other actresses which I have not made yet, but will... soon.
Here's how I spent my past few days.
I have a few more jackets to come up with for the opera.
For those of you not familiar with Gilbert & Sullivan... I suggest you check it out. They're great operettas written in the Victorian era. They're more like musicals than opera and they're wacky and fun.
I was just telling the designer how awesome it would be to do a few of those shows in a Steampunk design. I really think the two would blend together nicely. Especially one of the shows like Pirates of Penzance or HMS Pinnafore.
I also did a little work on Crona... I tried to get the pleats in the back of the coat worked out where they look good... but they're still being difficult. I'll probably do a little more work on it before the weekend's out. I'm not really loving the pattern I chose. I like the look and I will stick with it because I want that look. And the pattern isn't all that difficult.... but the way the instructions suggest you put things together is weird and I feel like there could have been a better way to do it. Anyway... I'd really like to have it ready for All-con... I'm just not sure if that's gonna happen with opera stuff.