Water Fairy: Original Concept



Water Fairy Gown
Original Concept
Completed June 2011

Items made: Dress, Sash

This was made based on a sketch and a few inspiration pics that were sent to me. The idea was a for a water or sea sprite.

The bodice is a corset-style bodice done in gradient dyed satin with lace overlay. Chiffon Grecian style sleeves and a V-neck line were added. The sash is satin and the skirt multiple layers of chiffon and organza petals with an organza train.


And lots of Swarovski crystals.    

Fun Side Note: I totally spazzed when I was making this and thought I had a week longer than I actually had so I had to ship the dress out early so it could be worn to the event for which it was made.  The dress was unfinished -- I hadn't put on the stones because they hadn't come in the mail yet, and I didn't have enough fabric to make the sash properly.  So the above photo doesn't have crystals and the sash is crappy.  The pictures below show the finished dress.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves