A day of inspiration!

I don't know if it's the idea of school, or the new year, or the upcoming conventions, or maybe just the stars in the proper alignment (if you really believe that) but I've been feeling so creative this past week.

Or maybe it's just the fact that I know the next several months are going to be super busy for me.

BUT....

I've got some great ideas for tutorials and videos that will correspond with this blog -- like how to make a duct tape dress form and stand, how to put together a cosplay makeup kit (plus tutorials on different makeups), and even a few tips about sewing patterns. Hopefully I can these all filmed pretty soon.

I've also got a few costume projects in the works that you'll see lots of progress pictures of... (more on that in a bit).

Also, today was my first day back at school. On my drive over I was actually excited for my costuming class. And I realized that maybe I made a smart move by enrolling in a class that I know that I'll like right before the class that may give me trouble.

I know I'm not really a morning person, so my thought is that with a fun class to look forward to (and wake up for), that'll get me out of bed and to school. Then since I'll be there I'll go to my Anatomy class -- which actually might be kind of fun too. I actually enjoy learning, but only if it's stuff I'm interested in.

Anyway, back to my costume class. Since I've been costuming forever, and this class is for beginners, I'll probably know how to do most of the stuff. In fact, my instructor who's also the head costumer of the theater dept has pretty much said that I can work on costumes for the shows while class is going on and can pick and choose what lessons to pay attention to. That's pretty cool.

She's basically going to put me on opera duty--meaning I'll be building costumes for the upcoming opera... which should be neat cause it's all animals but personified... What my professor said is that its supposed to be something between Lion King and Lady Gaga. I forget the name but it's some original piece. So it's either going to be totally awesome or a complete nightmare. We shall see.



I wonder if this is what she had in mind???

School books and Swan dresses,
Jason

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves