Fullmetal Alchemist: Maes Hughes


FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST
Maes Hughes 
Completed Sept. 2010

Items Made: Jacket, Pants, Peplum. 

I LOVE the way this turned out!!! I used the same navy gabardine I used for the earlier version of Riza. I just love the darker color and it comes out great in pictures -- not to bright, not to dark. I also used a silvery-gray upholstery piping for the trim.

The peplum (or at least that's what I call the pant flap thing) is made as a separate piece. Lots of little details. Hand knotted shoulder cord, authentic replica collar medals and shoulder insignias. I added breast pockets on the jacket which come in super handy.

Awards:
Runner Up, All-Con Dallas Cosplay Contest 2011



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves