The Chicken Opera: Bill the Duck

 

The Chicken Opera 
Bill The Duck
Completed March 2012

Items made:  Jacket, Pants 

(I did not design these amazing makeups -- I wish I had -- but I included them anyway because they're that final element that finishes the look.) 

 If you've been reading my blog, you'd know that I made several of the costumes for my college's original production, The Chicken Opera.  

We were going for the look of a Mallard with this so we went with a pretty green damask for the main body of the jacket and navy for the collar and cuffs.  It was originally a double breasted jacket pattern with pointed lapels but I changed the front to a bib neckline and swapped the collar for a shawl collar to mimic the breast of a duck.  I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The trousers are basically oversized shorts with banded legs made from a really nice orange microsuede.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites: X-men cosplay

Sailor Senshi Uniform Tutorial -- Part 1

Work Vlog: Jack Skellington Mask Session 1 and Updates