The Chicken Opera: Bob the Squirrel




The Chicken Opera
Bob the Squirrel 
Completed March 2012

Items made: Vest, Tail.

(I did not design these amazing makeups -- I wish I had -- but I included them anyway because they're the final element that finishes the look.)

 If you've been reading my blog, you'd know that I made several of the costumes for my college's original production, The Chicken Opera.  

Bob appears in the show for a whole 5 minutes, but the biggest challenge was his giant bushy squirrel tail.  Enter a back brace and a tomato stake-cage thing.  All I did was bend the cage into shape... cover it in batting and faux fur... and attach it to the back brace.  Then I added a fur vest to cover up the harness.  All in all it turned out pretty well.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves