Harry Potter: House Scarves


HARRY POTTER
House Scarves

The Version I scarf is styled after the scarves worn in the first two films. It features a large stripe pattern in bright, bold colors and is finished with long tasseled ends. 

The Version II scarf is styled after the scarves worn throughout the rest of the films. This one features a trapped bar pattern in darker, more muted colors and the ends are finished with a short fringe.

I've made a few of these for myself.  I have an Ultimate Sweater Machine by Bond America and it is FANTASTIC for knitting scarves.  It only takes a few hours for these.  You can check out the Ultimate Sweater Machine at the link below.  It's also available at Hobby Lobby and Micheal's.  (Don't forget to use that 40% coupon).


The yarn shown on the swatches is all the "I Love This Yarn" brand from Hobby Lobby.  I've listed the color names and numbers below the swatches and you can order online at the link below or pick them up at Hobby Lobby.  I'm a big fan of this brand because it's 100% Acrylic but it's not scratchy like Red Heart--it's very soft and snuggly.


Version I: Gryffindor
#50 Cranberry
#330 Yellow
Version I: Hufflepuff
#30 Black
#330 Yellow
Version I: Ravenclaw
#782 Real Blue
#190 Lt. Gray
Version I: Slytherin
#180 Forest
#190 Lt. Gray

Version I Scarf Version I Fringe Detail
Version II: Gryffindor
#60 Aubergine
#340 Buttercup
Version II: Hufflepuff
#340 Buttercup
#30 Black
Version II: Ravenclaw
#90 Navy
#200 Graymist
Version II: Slytherin
#180 Forest
#200 Graymist

Version I Scarf Version I Fringe Detail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust