Derp!

So you know how I've been racking my brain trying to figure out a pattern for Diamond... Look what I had in my pattern library.  I don't know why I didn't think of it before.

Butterick 6844.  It's a clergy robe, but with a little tailoring and a few modifications, I can make it look more like this...



Here's what I have in mind so far...


  • Probably gonna go with view A and possibly keep the button down front.  
  • Extend the collar so it closes at center front.
  • Omit the cuffs on the sleeves.
  • On the back there are 3 pleats, which I'd draft out. 
  • Remove the side pockets
  • Shorten just below the low hip
  • Add in side seam slits like in the second picture
  • I also might add just a tiny bit of a sleeve cap, like in the pic above
  • Add in a full lining since the pattern only has a partial lining.

That sounds like a lot, but actually all of those things are pretty simple modifications.

I also took advantage of EpicCosplay.com's Black Friday Sale and picked up this.


It's much longer than I need but that will give my room to play around with possible styles.  This is the Theia wig in Ice Purple.

The manga art books show Diamond's hair as white while the anime shows it as light blue... which is odd because his clothes are purple and white and all of the other villains in that group have hair that matches their clothes/name.  

So I opted for a light cool purple shade.  

I also ordered fabric swatches so I can pick out a jacket fabric... 


I've mentioned this before but this is a flocked taffeta.  They had two colors that were options... White/White and Silver/White so I ordered swatches of both... If I'm not mistaken, the pic below looks to be made out of a similar fabric and it's awesome.




So, that's where I am on this... While I wait for fabrics and wigs to come in, I'll start drafting the patterns.

Till Next Time

Jason!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Midsummer Night's Dream: Fairy Wings

Fullmetal Alchemist: Lust

Harry Potter: House Scarves